The missional goal of Cherokee Presbytery’s Worship Team is to focus the presbytery on being a Christ-centered, worshiping community of faith.
- Set the format of presbytery meetings.
- Provide for diverse worship during presbytery meetings.
- Facilitate worship throughout the presbytery.
- Encourage worship experiences for all Committees, Commissions and Ministry Teams.
The Worship Ministry Team has a membership of six (6) members elected by the presbytery in three classes of three years each with an equal number of clergy and laypersons. Additional team participants may be co-opted by the Worship Ministry Team to accomplish its missional goals and oversee tasks.
Because the worship of God is foundational to the mission and ministry of Cherokee Presbytery, the Worship Team has the responsibility to provide for and facilitate Christ-centered worship at stated meetings of presbytery.
- In consultation with the host church, oversee the planning of worship for each stated meeting of presbytery.
- Determine that each worship service includes aspects which are inclusive of the varieties of languages in which the presbytery’s congregations and fellowships regularly worship.
- Determine that the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is celebrated at least annually at stated presbytery meeting(s).
- Determine that the stated meetings of presbytery include diversity in as many of the following aspects as possible:
- Cultural styles
- Preaching styles
- Worship styles
- Music and liturgical styles
- Worship resources
- Theological perspectives